The college has a unit directly involved in the placement of students for In-service-training; learn-ships as well as for employment. Whilst the College cannot guarantee jobs for all of its students, the unit is able to source and link students to possible job opportunities. To address the issue of throughput rate and motivate students the primary requirement is that students must have passed all subjects at all the levels to qualify for placement. High achievers are prioritised. Conditions and criteria will be applied to job placement services and students are encouraged to discuss this with the student support officers at their campus.
The College has 3 Placement Officers who are based at the Central Admin Office. The fundamental goal is to produce skilled citizen by means of Workplace Based Exposure (WBE).
Placement Officers’ Role
- To look after the training and placement activities of students.
- To forge partnerships with industries.
- To collect feedback from the companies where students are placed.
- To arrange training programmes for soft skills and for interview facing skills for the students using institutional and external expertise.
- To organize information sharing sessions with industries.
- To co-ordinate and make site visits, including tracking, recording and monitoring of students while on placement as well as ensuring that QA standards are met.
- Monitoring the suitability of existing placement opportunities; ensuring that all parties involved are aware of their responsibilities.
- To keep an updated database of all students at exit level, i.e. Report 191 N6 Students, NCV – Level 4 Students, Learnership Students and Apprenticeship students.
Names of Placement Officers
The Placement Unit Contact Details
Who can be registered on our database
Students who have:
- Completed skills programmes, or
- Completed NCV Level 4 with no outstanding subjects, or
- Completed N6 with no outstanding subjects and
- Has never done in-service training / experiential training.
What are the requirements
The following documents:
- Copy of certificate or statement of examination results (originally certified copy),
- Copy of green barcoded ID (originally certified copy), and
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Work Log-book will only be issued by the Placement Unit at the Central Admin Office.
- Students placed for experiential training will receive a NSF Stipend from the College.
If you meet the criteria as set out above, please submit your up-to-date documents to:
Postal Address: Placement Unit, Coastal KZN TVET College, PO Box 1795, Amanzimtoti, 4126 or
hand deliver to: Placement Unit, Coastal KZN TVET College, 50051 Mfundi Mngadi Drive, KwaMakhutha or
e-mail to: email@example.com. (No Fax is allowed).
Enquires Lindiwe Ndlovu, Telephone: (031) 905 7000/52
Failure to submit all required documents will disqualify you.